A special collection of FINOM lamps, FINOM x minä perhonen, will be launched and available for purchase at the minä perhonen stores, neutraali and materiaali in Tokyo during the DesignArt Tokyo 2021.
For the special collection, Akira Minagawa, the founder of the Japanese design brand, minä perhonen, collaborated with Esa Vesmanen to create new shapes and patterns for three new lamps in the FINOM light series.
Minagawa engages in design activities that truly integrate into daily life, such as garment making, furniture and tableware designs, and spatial direction of stores and accommodations. He works with a vision with the next one hundred years in mind to produce designs that do not lose their allure over time. Minagawa wants to create designs that bring out the Individual uniqueness and individual happiness in each one of us, not for a special day but for every ordinary day. With a focus on natural materials and handcrafted textile patterns, he aspires to develop new materials and techniques that make the most out of craftsmanship.
- For more information on minä perhonen, see here.
- For more information on the DesignArt Tokyo 2021 taking place on October 21 – 31, 2021 see here.
- For the details and schedule of the design walk and related events organised by ELLE DECOR from October 21 through November 3, 2021 see here.
- For the minä perhonen at presentation at the ELLE DECOR Design Walk, see here.
- For a feature on the FINOM x minä perhonen special collection in Casa Brutus, see here.
- For more information on the FINOM lights, see here.
Line-up of the lamps in the special collection
”metsä” means forest in Finnish. The metsä lamp combines Vesmanen’s original sculptural forms with Minagawa’s poetic drawings of forests and radiating stars. When lit up, a metsä pattern emerges on the delicate white birch material. In addition, with fine holes scattered over the lampshade, the design is reminiscent of stars in the night sky.
The metsä lamp is available in two sizes both as a floor lamp as well as a pendant lamp.
- Pendant lamp square: Dimensions of the shade: W450×D200×H480mm
- Pendant lamp, square: Dimensions of the shade: W780×D200×H300mm
”sieni”, which means mushroom in Finnish, is a collection of table lights in the special collection of FINOM lamps created in collaboration between Esa Vesmanen and Akira Minagawa. Making the most out of FINOM’s original signature design by Vesmanen, Minagawa designed the form of the sieni lamp. We hope you enjoy the soft and beautiful lines, as well as the soft glow of the lamp.
The sieni lamp is available in two sizes as a table light.
- Small: Dimensions of the shade: W310×D230×H310mm
- Large: Dimensions of the shade: W360×D260×H360mm
”pilvi”, which means cloud in Finnish, is characterised by its round form. Pilvi is a collection of pendant lights in the special collection created in collaboration between Esa Vesmanen and Akira Minagawa for FINOM. The lamp is based on the principles of Esa Vesmanen’s original design for the FINOM lights, and the form of pilvi is designed by Minagawa. Because of its delicate material, the pilvi lamp turned out to look almost weightless, like a cloud. Hence the name pilvi. When lit up, the small holes scattered across the shade give an appearance reminiscent of stars.
The pilvi lamp is available in two sizes as a pendant light.
- Small: Dimensions of the shade: W530×D240×H390mm
- Large: Dimensions of the shade: W650×D350×H510mm
The lamps are collapsible. Cords and sockets are of Japanese specification. You can choose the length of the cord.
Release date: October 22nd (Fri.)
This special collection of lamps will be on display at minä perhonen materiaali in Daikanyama Between October 22nd (Fri.) and November 7th (Sun.) We hope you have the opportunity to come and take a look.
- neutraali and materiaali
- HILLSIDE TERRACE, Building C, ground floor, Sarugakucho, Shibuyaku, Tokyo
- Phone +81 3 6821 3737
- Opening hours 11:00-19:00 (Closed on Wednesdays)
Photos by Hua Wang